Thursday, January 2, 2014

Changes

//Since I've been making changes to my life I thought it would be fitting for my blog to be updated and I have to say this is probably my favorite header to be designed. Granted I really loved my mustache header but that really fit me at the time. I still love mustaches but I've grown up since not only in my outlook on life/maturity but also in my design skills (praise the Heavens I'm always improving).  So enjoy as I make some changes and finally get my design portfolio blog up! I'm so excited for 2014 and of course my decision to stick with design. I know I'm such a crazy flip flopper but I needed the time to step away to realize how much I really do love Graphic Design and everything it offers.  I've been reading Graphic Design Thinking by Ellen Lupton (totally recommend it, I wish I had the book when I started (and later dropped) Conceptual Design at BYU-). I love how she states that Graphic Designers are life long learners. I've always enjoyed learning (not necessarily going to school), I've spent countless hours pouring over books that are texts books but are related to what I'm learning. Because doing your actual class text book reading is boring but when you do it just for the heck of it it's exciting and fun. So another big change is I'm reading more than I have been and it'll be everything from design, science, law, etc. etc. and fiction. Reading has always opened my eyes to the world has been on of my stress relievers so makes sense. So I'll be talking about my reads and give my recommendations because I've always loved a suggestion to books I haven't explored yet! So enjoy the changes I'll be making with the blog, I may add a few regular posts again so stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment