Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Thing About Bad Days







"In a hundred small ways, all of you wear the mantle of charity. Life is perfect for none of us. Rather than being judgmental and critical of each other, may we have the pure love of Christ for our fellow travelers in this journey through life. May we recognize that each one is doing her/his best to deal with the challenges which come her/his way, and may we strive to do our best to help out."

President Thomas S. Monson (Charity Never Faileth, General Relief Society Meeting 2010)









Sometimes I wish we as humans were a little more understanding of each other. I little more tolerant and a little more charitable of others. I know I may seem like I'm preaching to the choir but this is something I try to do every single day. To not be quick to judge and sometimes that is hard.  Trust me I have had plenty of experiences of where I misjudged someone way to quickly and got a good kick in the butt for it. I try not to judge because I know every once in a while someone is having a bad day or they are up against something big and they do not need me to be critical of them and I would expect the same from them about me.

I have had multiple of bad days lately just with all my doctor drama, feeling lonely, and winter is not the best time of the year for me. And I have had some great friends and not so great friends through this. Friends that just let me feel the pain, allow me the time heal and get over it, and do what ever they can to make me feel better. They constantly checked up on me and made sure I was still living. Family took extremely good care of me and patiently waited for me to come back to normal. While other friends just didn't make an effort or expected a lot out of me or they thought that my not feeling was me getting mad and making a judgement on something they didn't completely understand. I was a little upset in how they treated the situation. It made me feel worse. Why didn't they just help me feel better, why did they have judge me. They weren't taking the time to really know me in first place. But I didn't let that get me down completely. I took it as a learning experience that I should never do that to anyone. I shouldn't be quick to judge when someone is having a bad day. I am starting to feel better, I'm still having moments where I'm not feeling the greatest but my true friends have been patient and understanding.

Bad days aren't going to go away. There will always be trails in our lives. Its a matter of our attitude and the charity of others that will help us. Maybe we do need to be a little more patient with each other; be more willing to help. Each of us is doing our best like President Monson says, I know I am doing the best I can and it doesn't help when somebody makes a judgement about me that isn't true. Why don't we help each other when we are having bad day. Why don't we stop making quick judgements because really we don't know the real story. We don't know what's truly going on in each others lives. We are just seeing what people are trying to make the best of their situation.

Let's (myself included) be a little more charitable. Let's be a little kinder to those we come in contact to. Let's not easily be riled up but be quick to help each other a little more. Let's make everyones' day a little better and believe we can help each other out a little more.  We could all try a little harder to be a little better. The thing about bad days is we could help each other so they weren't so bad anymore.


"And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things."
Moroni 7:45 

No comments:

Post a Comment