Sunday, May 13, 2012

for moms and women

Everyday I'm grateful for my mom. Today is just extra special.
My mom is one of the main reasons why I really want to be mom
and thats what I want to do more than anything in the world. 
More than being a graphic designer.  She has raised me in a way
that makes me grateful everyday for who I am. I'm glad I chose 
my mom and she chose me. I'm glad she is my best friend. 

I think motherhood is the greatest roles a woman can be. As I've
been studying The Family, I've realized the responsibility 
Heavenly Father has given to women. They are to care and 
nurture their children. I know many critize the Church of 
Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints as being unfair and sexist 
because women don't have the priesthood and other things 
but the list could go on for ever. Women have their own divine
role. A glorious role of bearing children and teaching
and nurturing children. It astounds me when women give
that up. When they don't want to be a mom.

Mothers are important. Women are important in the plan of God. 
So women and girls be proud of your divine role and be glad that
Heavenly Father has given you an important role in his plan. 
Be a woman of God. 

"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity." 
-Margaret D. Nadauld 

Mothers, daughters, wives, grandmothers, and friends. Be proud that you are or will be mom. 
Where would we be if it weren't for our mothers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment