Monday, July 18, 2011

Girls and Apples



Girls
are like apples
on trees. The best ones
are at the top of the tree.
The boys don’t want to reach
for the good ones because they
 are afraid of falling and getting hurt.
Instead, they just get the rotten apples
from the ground that aren’t as good,
but easy. So the apples at the top think
something is wrong with them, when in
reality, they’re amazing. They just
have to wait for the right boy to
come along, the one who’s
brave enough to
 climb all
the way
to the top
of the tree.

So I just love this poem, a good friend gave 
this to me and I've had it
hanging on my wall ever since. 
Just a reminder that nothing is wrong with me. 
I'm perfectly fine the way I am. 
I was also listening to a song
and it made a reference to apples in being picked
by the right boy! I just had to share!



 Like an apple on a tree
Hiding out behind the leaves
I was difficult to reach 
But you still picked me

Ah hope its a wonderful thing!
I'm such a girl! 
{If you want a print out of the poem, 
I'll email you the PDF. Leave a comment!}

No comments:

Post a Comment