Sunday, October 2, 2011

GC and other things

Things happen for a reason. 
This recent General Conference has been very inspiring. 
It amazes me how there are always a handful of talks that are just for me. 
I believe that is what makes the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints amazing.
More of the love Christ gives each of us.  It works for the individual. 
One of my favorite talks was given by Sister Elaine S. Dalton. 
She talked about fathers raising daughters. 
My dad is an amazing example to me and I'm grateful he already does what Sister Dalton 
talked about.  My dad has made it very apparent that he loves my mom; 
I want to marry someone like my dad. 
I also loved Elder Robert D. Hales talk. It gave me comfort. 
Sometimes I get ahead of myself or I get discouraged when things go wrong. 
He reminded me patience in trails and turning to the Lord 
will get me through anything. 

This General Conference has reminded me I have so much to be grateful for. 
I am so glad I followed the promptings of coming to BYU-I for my higher education. 
It has blessed my life so much. I have met wonderful people and I'm becoming a 
disciple of Christ. I am so grateful I came even though I originally hated my 
assigned track. It definitely saved me.  Coming home for my off track, just made sure I 
was still healthy. If I hadn't of stayed home during my off track my thyroid
would have gotten so much worse. I would have been a further mess. 
I have a wonderful family that loves me. I live a very, very blessed life. 

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 
I know the fullness of Christ Gospel is restored to this Earth. 
I know we have a living Prophet on this Earth Today to leads and guides us.  
I know Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. 
I know that the Book of Mormon is another Testament of Christ. 
I have read it several times and I feel its power everyday. 
I know Jesus Christ atoned for my many sins and through him I will be clean. 
He is my Savior and Redeemer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment